Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I JUST posted that I didn't want to waste any school days...and what did I do today? yep...wasted a perfectly good day.

I let the kids sleep in late because they have been so tired, cranky and whiny....but the day never really got started. Part of it is having hubby home all the time...he doesn't always SEE the big picture of schooling...so in his attempt to help out, he started all the kids on a cleaning project this am that lasted at least an hour. So I worked while he supervised their cleaning efforts, but by the time they were done, I was waist deep in my project. By the time I was done, the kids were scattered...but I did manage to reign them in and get a couple hours of school done....but not without some struggling. Then hubby, again in attempts to help, decided today was a good day to do the science project I'd asked him to help with last week. I truly am grateful for him to do these type of things and the kids had a blast....that's all that should really matter, right :) Just bad timing....

My list of things 'to do' is taller than me.....(well, if I typed it out in really large font)....but you get the idea!

But as I look around my living room....2 kids are playing with Littlest Pet Shop, one is making thank you cards, and the other is practicing magic tricks, I have to remember that I am blessed....my home is filled with noise, laughter, singing (although slightly off key)....my living room is covered with scrap paper (the card making one) but I have a home that's safe and warm.....I have soccer stuff piled in the laundry room, but I also have 4 healthy, happy, athletic kids.....God is good, even when I have to look a little harder and a little deeper to see it....the fact remains, that He is good...all the time.

3 comments:

Emily said...

sometimes you just need a day like that, especially after some really intense and hard days! :) there's always tomorrow for more schoolwork!

missionarymomofthree said...

thanks Em....you are probably my only follower here anymore since it's been so long....thanks, friend! :)

Emily said...

I guess I can comment all I want if I truly am your only reader. :) I love to read other's homeschool journeys just to see that we're all pretty similar on this road. We have great days and we have nasty days and sometimes just nasty times. lol

Praying for you!