Friday, October 14, 2011

Well, my goal was to blog here every week about my home school accomplishments....but I haven't really had any in the past 2 weeks so I've avoided it. Both weeks have pretty much been epic failures.....guess that's life.

So, if I only hit the highlights (far and few between) they would be:
the butterflies (from our science experiment) finally came out of their cocoons...and of course they did it while we were in town all week so we technically missed it....but they are out and fluttering around their 'house'

our home school co-op officially started and it seemed to go well....all the kids left smiling so that is a good sign

That's about it.....hoping next week will be better.
Heard from some other home school moms that I'm doing it all wrong, so I'm going to try to find some free time this weekend and re-evaluate everything....should be fun.

It's been a hard couple of weeks.....
couple of tragedies, some personal failures, and lots of 'pondering'.....

I'm sure next week will be better

3 comments:

Emily said...

That's the beauty of homeschooling - you can re-evaluate and move on! Hope your weeks to follow are productive and dare I say a bit easier! :)

We did our major subjects this week, but it has mostly been "lite" school. I'm feeling burned out at 9 weeks in and am just ready for vacation. But I want to keep going because I want to take the whole week of Thanksgiving off.

I'll be praying as you are re-evaluating!
Prayers and hugs!

missionarymomofthree said...

thanks Em for being my one and only supporter :)
Kinda in a funk right now....just need to push through it and not stop....stopping is not good ;)

We would like to take Thanksgiving off too, but at this rate, it will not happen.

Praying for you as you press on!

Emily said...

I hate being in a funk, they are so hard to get out of!

Thank you for the prayers and I'm praying for you, too!