Monday, November 7, 2011

Starting a fresh week of school this week.....and staying at home to do it (instead of going to the craft shop, where we usually go) because we are expecting a few inches of snow today....a good day to just stay inside.

Still not having great success in the area of school, but almost getting too tired to care. Just going to move through it and get what we can done each day.

On the agenda this week is the usual math, English (which Abigail is WAY behind in), reading, phonics and handwriting (for Marissa), history and science. We have a couple science experiments coming up....we finally grew some bread mold and are working on some algae and will study them under the microscope. The kids also have a paper due on how we see Christ throughout the Old Testament due this Thursday. That will take up a good chunk of time. They also have to come up with science experiments for Co-op (Peter's is due this Thursday, the girls are due next week).

I will be out of town next week so I am leaving a skeleton schedule for Dad to do with the kiddos. Not going to worry about what gets done and what doesn't.....I'll fix it all when I get back. We are supposed to take that following week off because of Thanksgiving, but not sure if that will happen....may just work all the way through it.

Going to try and not focus on all that is not getting done, but on all the opportunities the Lord gives me. I work full-time outside of schooling and I need to give that some focus, too. I am slowly distancing myself from ministry because of schooling....I need to re-evaluate and follow the Lord and the work He has given me.

2 comments:

Becky Arnold said...

Praying for you here, girl. We all tend to struggle in this area of school. We are trying to do what teachers in school don't do.....teach a full load to multiple grades and give special, one-on-one attention to each child. It is overwhelming and seems impossible, but I have to keep telling myself I won't do it perfectly, but I serve a God who knows what each child needs to accomplish the purposes HE has for them and He will fill in the gaps. Work hard, do you best, pray more than anything else! Then give you and your kids some laughing, playing, fun time, too. You are a great mom and teacher! Don't miss out on enjoying them and the time that they are young because of your agenda. Believe me, it goes by way too fast.......as I think of Luke being a sophomore in college and Leah a senior this year. :) Love you!

Becky Arnold said...

**Your best