Saturday, February 7, 2009

February Goals

Well, it's a new month and a new opportunity to get much accomplished! Last month ended well....there were a few things I couldn't seem to find time to do, but for the most part I am pleased with the outcome.

I did manage to lose 'almost' 3 pounds for the month....2.5.....so close! I could have done better with my exercising....jump roping never made it into the daily schedule, but I really enjoyed the aerobics class I joined and I started working out with weights regularly. And I have hopes of training for another race this spring (if the ground would ever thaw out enough here to be able to run without all the mud!!).
I haven't finished my CS Lewis biography but making progress....and the guitar dvds never found their way out of the cabinet.....sadness! One day......
I accomplished all my "social" goals and had great fellowship with many friends.
I did not get "alone" time with each kid and that is inexcusable....that needs to be a bigger prioritiy.
I did get most of my 'spiritual' goals accomplished and have really enjoyed my Inductive Bible study.....God's Word is so full of amazing truths and lessons just for me (or so it feels sometimes!).
And minus getting the first edition of "campfire news" done, I completed all my "camp" tasks, and then some!
So overall, a fairly successful month......some victories, some defeats....but God is still good through it all~

February goals
physical:
lose another 3 pounds
aerobics 1x a week
crunches and weights 10 days on/2 days off/10 days on
jog 2x a week/walk 2x a week
swim 1x a week ?
floss every day!!

mental
finish CS Lewis biography
finish 6 chapters in "Holiness" book (2-7)
1 fiction
4 hours of piano a week

social/family
blog 2x a week
dinner with R, K, and N
1 movie night with Wes
email 3 people (not replies!)

spiritual
@ least 15 days of inductive Bible study
1 week of Ephesians
5 memory verses

camp
lost and found
inventory t-shirts
bi-monthly reports
Campfire News
confirm 10 more staff for summer

Looking forward to seeing all that God is going to accomplish through me this month....hopefully these things, and some 'unexpected' things as well!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Sounds great! You don't have to floss every tooth though. . . just the ones you want to keep :-) Love you friend! Oh, and I had a tall cake last night!! AAAGH it was good!

Jamie B said...

I'm excited to hear you are getting things marked off those to-do lists! I long for the day when exercising means more than doing my leg lifts and stretches that my therapist printed out for me to do daily.I haven't gained any weight since the surgery, but I am losing quite a bit of muscle. Being so inactive is a great time to practice better discipline with my calorie intake.I'm hoping that will pay off since a big part of my binging came from being starved after an intense workout. Time will surely tell! Well, I cannot sleep tonight, so I'm off to finish up a couple blogs. LOVE YOU!