Sunday, December 27, 2009

WINTER RETREAT IS HERE

Ahhh, the long awaited Winter Retreat is here.....a few days of sledding, football, tournaments, skeet shooting, workshops, worship, and teaching.....all within the backdrop of fresh fallen snow (to come by tomorrow afternoon). I love this retreat, although I usually come into it somewhat tired. This year I actually had a few days of rest beforehand, but I am still tired....yet ready to minister. Most of the kids that come are already Christians and this is more of a time for them to grow, draw closer to God, refuel....I love being a part of that.

If you think about it, please pray for those that are coming to the retreat this week. Pray for all of us who have been given the opportunity to minister to these precious young people. Pray for safety (lots of silliness during sledding!) and a great time of fellowship.

When the retreat is over, I am looking forward to a time of rest and refueling myself. I'm heading out of town (the only real way to get away from it all) and am looking forward to going to bed early, sleeping late, and maybe even a nap (can you tell I'm tired!??)

1 comment: