Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year

Well, a new year is upon us.....I love "new" anything. I love the thought of a clean slate, a fresh start....and a new year is usually my favorite "new" of all. I usually spend a week or so, making lists, goals, plans for accomplishing much in the upcoming year.....I love it. But this year feels different. It has been such a busy year that I feel more like I am in 'survival mode'....making goals and actually accomplishing them seem right out of my reach. It doesn't seem as exciting or as motivating this year.....I'm beginning the year tired and weary. The discouragement of 'failing' in reaching those goals is not something I really want to deal with right now.
But, a fellow blogger reminded me that "if you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time".....so, I decided I better at least aim for something, even if it's smaller than years past. Maybe my first goal should be to not over extend myself and loosen up my schedule :)

So maybe I will spend a little time thinking about 2010 and what could possibly be accomplished in it. And if I've learned anything from 2009, it's that although I may not have crossed off much from my "list", the Lord still accomplished much.....souls were saved, mourning was turned to joy, lives were changed for the better.....guess it wasn't as unproductive as I thought.

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

maybe you'll have a little time while you are here to just sit and think about the new year. maybe a change of scenery will help......i'm looking forward to it!