Saturday, November 27, 2010

THANKSGIVING

We were blessed with several Thanksgiving gatherings this season....part of having a divided family. But it was good and I'm thankful for my diverse family....

Mom is always helping in the kitchen...even when it's not her kitchen!






We had more than enough food....a big spread and there were over 20 people around to eat it and no one left hungry!
Turkey, ham, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, broccoli salad, broccoli casserole, dressing and gravy, rolls, strawberry jello salad, rolls and more.

My plate was empty!!!!






I spent a lot of time outside (it was a very warm, 70 degree, November day!) making crafts with the kiddos.




We made "thankful" placemats.....we all wrote down, on colorful leaves, the things we thankful for....it was fun (and funny) to see what some of the kids wrote down......















I am thankful for my family and the little time I'm able to spend with them. We are separated my many, many miles, but that doesn't seem to hinder our "fellowship" when we do finally manage to meet under the same roof!!!

Because our times together are so far and few between, I cherish them all the more.

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

Loved going through your trip with you! Glad you couldn't sleep. :)