Saturday, November 27, 2010

6 weeks, almost 5000 miles, and 16 different states.....that's the title of my life right now. We are wrapping up a very long trip back east, visiting family, friends and supporters. It's been a good trip and we have shared many meals and late nights catching up with friends and family.
Mostly it's been encouraging....there have been a few that really want to hear about our ministry, our struggles, our victories, the people that we minister to, etc.....but mostly they just want to chit chat, catch up on family news. That's good, too.

I'm enjoying my time away, but at the same time, my heart longs to be back home knee deep in my ministry. That's a good sign, if I miss my work, right? I miss pouring over my Bible in preparation for a lesson....I miss hearing the neighbors chopping wood.....I miss the wind that always blows in from the west.....I miss the smell of the barn.....I miss the little neighbor boy pressing his face against my the glass on the front door, peeking in to see if Peter is home and can come out to play.....I miss my Ft Wingate girls.....I miss working in the lodge kitchen with Nanette and our long, deep spiritual discussions....I miss going for a run through the pine trees....I miss the amazing sunsets....I miss home.

But for now I will enjoy my time away, try and get some rest, focus on family, and prepare myself for the busy year that lays ahead of me.

No comments: