Tuesday, August 21, 2012

~~Well, we have completed 2 days of homeschooling....and we're all alive..... and not twitching...:)

I was super overwhelmed by this new curriculum, but after successfully completing a couple days, I am feeling better.  The real test will be tomorrow when we have our weekly meeting with another homeschool family who we are working with....hopefully my children will represent us well and answer at least a few of the questions correctly!  We shall see! 
(knowing me, it probably went so well because I forgot to do half of the work or something!)

We will meet with our homeschooling friends twice a week....once on Wednesdays for history and then again on Fridays for Literature and Science.  We will do discussions, projects and experiments on these days.  I'm looking forward to sharing the work load and my kids are looking forward to having "classmates".  Hopefully this was a good decision..... :) 

~~The rain has kept me from running a couple days in the past week, but we need the rain so desperately, I will not complain.  I just know I will have to work harder on the days I can run....I love a challenge. 

~~I am reading through the book of Jeremiah right now.....amazing how clearly the Lord spoke to His people back then.  And amazing how openly they rejected those words that were spoken......





1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad your first few days of school are going well! :) Our first day was crazy, but the last 2 have been very good. I'm glad we made the curriculum change. My kids are still adjusting to the different kind of work we're doing.

I ran yesterday and will be running again in the morning with my friend, Liz. Saturday she's not running with me, but will be in a 5K. I'm hoping to run as long as I can on Saturday. Honestly, I was glad I could run 2 miles yesterday. I hadn't run in 2 weeks due to illness last week and craziness the week before.

I am babbling! I need to get to bed. Take care!