Friday, May 2, 2008

The 5K journey is over

Well, it's official.....pretty sure I pulled my groin.....long story short, I won't be able to run. I can still hope for a miraculous recovery, but it's not likely. I will probably end up joining the other 'walkers' in the race instead. And to be honest, if the race were today, I wouldn't be able to walk 3 miles.
Needless to say, I am pretty bummed. Words can't describe it.....I even ditched all my packing plans for today and just got out of the house. It didn't help. I know that I just need the tomorrow to come and go and it will be easier.....so I am just being patient and not thinking too much about it (although I am constantly reminded of it as I make plans to leave tonight to travel to the race....ugh!).
There were many reasons I was going to run in the race.....some are trivial and only important to me....like just being able to see a goal through to the end. Others were personal....and not being able to run brings some heartache. But I can only be confident that the Lord knows exactly what He wants me to do.....I'm not second guessing Him, just disappointed.
But, if you know me at all, I'm always planning for the next thing......I've already looked it up and there is another race in Albuquerque, NM next month......so we will try again hopefully. I am told that the recovery time for this kind of injury could take awhile.....so I am not setting anything in stone yet.....just looking off into the distance longingly!!!
Thanks for following along with me as I have worked toward this goal......although the outcome isn't what I wanted apparently, it is what I needed.

It is good for me to try and find things to be thankful for today......

.......listening to my girls practice their piano....sweet sound (225)
......seeing my friends pregnant belly, as she is only a couple months away from giving birth (226)
......my friend who works hard to make me laugh in the midst of disappointment (227)
......baby Isaac, when he smiles at me (228)
.....free cookie at the bank (229)
.....coming home to see my hubby playing on the trampoline with the kids (230)
.....their cries to be bounced higher (231).....and the laughter that comes as a result (232)
.....the gorgeous day the Lord gave today! (233)
.....sweet tea on a day like today (234)
.....the pile of laundry and the messy kitchen.....reminds me that I am needed (235)
.....the peace of God (236).....and the only safe place to let the hurts of my heart be seen (237)
.....the opportunity to get away from the chaos and clutter of my house for a night (238)
.....and a sweet hubby that allows me to do that (239)
.....knowing that I will be in my new home in less than a week!!!!!!!! (240)

1 comment:

gina said...

Bummer about the race...but what a list you have compiled! That's inspiring, in and of itself. And I like your outlook on laundry and messy kitchens. Never really saw it from that perspective before and I'm going to try and see it that way more often!