Sunday, August 17, 2008

Memory verses

Like I mentioned earlier, I want to start polishing up my memory verses. In Bible college, I had to learn literally hundreds of verses....some stuck, but some faded, but most turned into a fog. I am pretty sure I know where to find them if I have to, but I can't quote them AND the references easily. So I am going to start working on really memorizing them....so many times here I need to quote a verse on the spot to someone....and even to myself when a moment of temptation, anger, selfishness, you name it, arises.
So, I thought I would try and put them here....to keep me accountable and maybe it will even encourage or challenge someone else :)

I Corinthians 6:19-20......"What? Don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have of God, and you are not your own. For you are bought with a price; therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."

I Corinthians 9:14....."Even so has the Lord ordained that they who preach the gospel should LIVE of the gospel."

1 Corinthians 9:22....."To the weak, I became weak, that I might gain the weak; I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

I Corinthians 10:13...."there is no temptation taken you but such as is common to man; but GOD is FAITHFUL, who will bot permit you to be tempted above that you are able, but will, with the temptation, also make the way to escape, that you may be able to bear it."

I Corinthians 10:31....."Whatever you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."

I Corinthians 15:50....."Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption."

I Corinthians 15:58......" Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as you know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord."

2 Corinthians 10:5....."Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ."

2 Corinthians 12:9....."And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

No comments: