Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April.....a new start....again!

Well, here we are at the beginning of a new month......my chances for completing last month's goals are over....time to make new ones.
Ok, we all know I did a TERRIBLE job on the 'blogging 2x a week' goal.....BUT I kicked butt on the physical goals.....I worked out all but about 7 days this month and lost the 8 pounds! FINALLY (i know you are all thinking that exact same word!)! I did pretty well on my reading goals, fell short by a chapter on each one I think.....my 'social' goals were a joke, but the Lord allowed opportunities for new relationships and ministries, so that was still a success in a sense. Same thing with the 'spiritual' goals......i didn't accomplish exactly what I thought I would, but man, the Lord has given me much to chew on this month and He has been so good to teach me new and wonderful things! ...and brought along some really neat people to help do that......it's been a great month in that area. And I am learning through this that the plans (goals) that I set out for myself are not always His plans, and I'm learning to be ok with that! HIS are ALWAYS better than mine anyways! Things are moving along here at the camp the season for "getting ready" is upon us. We have made out an overwhelming to do list and will be chopping away at it for the next 2 months. But it's an exciting thing.....camp is always the highlight of our year and such an amazing time to see God working in the lives of Native people every day!!!! Thank you Lord for the ministry you have given my family and I......what a wonderful opportunity!

So, as usual, there were some successes and some failures.....but both are great because God was in the midst of each of them.
I'll be putting my April goals up soon.....but until then I'm going to just daily take what the Lord gives me and accomplish what I can in each day. Even the smallest victory is still a victory, right!??

No comments: