Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a great day of worship! I love this time of year.....Palm Sunday, Easter, etc.....what a great reminder of what a wonderful Savior we have! As we sang songs that spoke of His amazing love and His sacrifice on the cross, my heart was brought to a sweet place of worship and I felt like it was just me and my Savior, alone in that room.....I loved it!
As a kid, growing up in a very 'anti-christian' home, Easter was all about the candy, gifts, chocolate and hiding eggs. It was one of my favorites back then (as you can guess, I was a pretty chubby kid, so candy was a HUGE part of my life!).....and it's one of my favorites now....but for a much different reason. I never get used to the amazing sacrifice Christ made for me...it never grows old and I never tire of celebrating it. Easter is such a different thing to me now......ever since I have given my life to Christ and as I have grown in my relationship with Him, this time of year is one of the sweetest. It's no longer about chocolate, hiding eggs and lots of candy....it's about Someone who loved me more than I can ever comprehend, Someone who thinks I am worth it, Someone who knows me intimately, and Someone who will never leave me or forsake me.....I am reminded of all those things when I remember and honor His death on the cross.
I am very much looking forward to next Sunday, spending time doing just that!

No comments: