Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We've been BLESSED by the MESS

I shared with you a few days ago about the tree that fell on one of the camp's storage sheds/bunk house. We are now in the process of cleaning up the huge mess that is the result of that tree falling. I would have much rather just set fire to it and call it a day...BUT....that was not reality :)
So instead of doing it my way (which is a GOOD thing!), the Lord sent us 'angels'. There was a workteam that came to spend a week in the area and work at our church (Native Bible Fellowship). They heard about the mess out here and decided to focus their attention and any leftover time to help us out....and wow, what a huge help they have been! They have managed to give us a large portion of THREE days and we are finishing the clean up today! All that is left is to remove the concrete slab that the shed was sitting on. They will even be moving on to other projects today....the Lord is so good to give us what we 'need' and then above that! I know I fail to recognize that sometimes.....I often miss the 'blessing' in the midst of the 'mess'. And then to see Him give beyond that is such a sweet reminder of His never-ending provisions and His promised love for us.
And the huge mess that once covered the site where the shed once sat is now cleaned up and the wood shed by the lodge is completely full of wood for next winter. He took a 'mess' and used it to 'bless' us....again, giving us much needed provisions out of an unexpected place.
He often works like that, you know? Surprising us, leaving us in a sense of wonder and amazement. Not sure why I am surprised or amazed each time.....you think I would be used to it and even expect it by now, since He does it so often. Even just last night I was surprised at where I received a blessing.....it was a big mess and as I started to begin to clear away some of the mess, started to see the glimpse of a blessing.....something I needed, and didn't even know that I needed. Now the "mess" doesn't seem as overwhelming....there is hope.

Thank you, Lord, for the beautiful people you have provided to help clear away the debris and mess here at the camp....your timing is (no surprise) perfect! Thank you for their sweet attitudes and willing hearts.....may they be blessed for their sacrifice and may you be pleased and glorified by their desire to serve You. Thank you for the simple provision of firewood for next year. ....that although something had to be destroyed first, there was good that came from it. Thank you for letting me see Your provision, Your hand, Your love in this situation. May I see all those things in other areas of my life as well......amen

No comments: