Sunday, June 7, 2009

A day of celebration!

Well, 12 years ago today, I was running around all flustered and nervous, about to walk down the aisle to marry my college sweetheart! Although some of it is a vague memory, there are parts that stand out clearly....

....deciding to dye my hair a "slightly red" the night before
....how it was raining that morning and we even picked up a woman hitch hiking on our way to the church
....getting my dress on and then immediately having to pee
....ALL of my bridesmaids helping me pee!!
....5 minutes before walking down the aisle, my "girls" and I sang (in pretty amazing harmony) "Going To The Chapel"
....my dad walking me down the aisle
....how nervous Wesley was
....my father in law giving the Gospel message very plainly and bluntly
....walking out of the church "married"!
....the great reception
....a punch fountain (that was fun!)
....being surrounded by great friends
....driving away in our little red (very decorated) car....twice! (one for the photo, one for real!)
....turning on the air conditioner in the car and TONS of rice blowing out! (for months after that too!)

It was an amazing day....and 'most' of the days afterwards have been great. Ha! We have had some tough times, but we have also had many more wonderful times, lots of laughs, and sweet memories. I am so blessed to have such an awesome family....and it all started 12 years ago, in a church down in south Georgia. Looking forward to 12 more...at least!!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Happy Anniv! Love you guys

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! :)