Tuesday, February 26, 2008

4am

For awhile, I was doing so well.....I was getting at least 7-8 hours sleep.....I knew it was too good to be true!
I'm up early again this morning....I tried to fight it, stay in bed and "will" myself back to sleep....but the stresses in my life and my endless to do list would not allow it....UGHHH! So, i quit fighting, told myself I would make time for a power nap later and crawled out of bed. My brain is busy already and I cant' even find the beginning of what I need to do.....so I thought I would start here. I have wanted to blog for quite a while now and could not seem to find the time.....and to be honest, I haven't been in the "sharing" mood lately......I'm still not. Going through my "hermit" days again, feel like retreating into my shell....it's so stinking easy to do!
But instead of focusing on retreating to my own 'shelter', I thought I would try and bring it back to where my focus should be....on Christ and the shelter HE offers.....it's such a sweeter place of refuge!

"For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy."
Psalm 61:3

"And of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by him; and the Lord shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders"
Deuteronomy 33:12

"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee, and shall say, Destroy them."
Deuteronomy 33:27

"That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us,"
Hebrews 6:18
He can't lie....the refuge He offers is a place of perfect truth, safe from the lies Satan tries to bring us down with....safe from the lies we tell ourselves, even

"The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble"
Psalm 9:9

"Thou are my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with
songs of deliverance. Selah"
Psalm 32:7
One of my favorites....not only does he protect me, but He comforts me with sweet songs....how often am I really quiet enough in my times of trouble, fear, stress, to really be able to hear those sweet songs of comfort?

"I will say of my Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God; in him will I trust"
Psalm 91:2
sometimes I need to verbally say it!

"The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou savest me from violence"
2 Samuel 22:2

"Trust in him at all times, ye people; pour out your heart before him. God is a refuge for us. Selah"
Psalm 62:8

Thank you God, for PROMISING to be that refuge for me....that safe place. Help me to run to your first, even forgetting about the weak, unsteady shelters I have built for myself and often run to....You are my true sanctuary.

No comments: