Sunday, February 3, 2008

Answer to prayer

That's what I was yesterday.....an answer to prayer. It doesn't happen often....in fact, I can't remember ever really hearing those words before...."Christy, you are an answer to prayer!". It was kind of fun.
It all happened because I simply bent down and picked up a wallet as I left the gym. I barely saw it out of the corner of my eye and had I been anymore lost in my thoughts, I may have missed it altogether. So when I picked up that wallet, rifled through it and saw it belonged to an acquaintance of mine, I figured I would at the most, make her day. But when I called and let her know about my discovery, her reaction was more than I imagined it would be....and then when she uttered those unfamiliar words, I was caught off guard. I know it really wasn't a big deal and being an answer to prayer probably isn't a big deal to most people.....but I think it's because I've been so discouraged lately....those words hit me a different way. They were an encouragement in a very tender way....not because they came from her mouth, but because God saw fit to let me fill that role at the most appropriate time.....I had no idea I even needed the encouragement, but He did....and orchestrated it all out for me. I love it when God does it like that!
Who knows when that will happen again, IF it will ever happen again, but I am thankful for the sweet encouragement, sent from the Lord, in the most unexpected way.....in some ways, THAT was an answer to MY prayer!

No comments: