Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Phase Two of my 5K journey!

Well, as my goals are laid out for me, in Feb., I am supposed to start to work on the 2nd mile in my quest to reach the 3 mile mark.....so, although today is the 6th day of the month, it's the first time I have run this month....sad but true! BUT it was a good start......I ran my first mile with little problem and then walked 2 laps, then ran almost 1/2 of my second mile. It doesn't always sound pretty, as I gasp for breath, but at least I made it! It is no simple task to haul this 190+ body around a track that many times!!!
SO, I am pleased with the progress....only wish I could explain this continual weight gain I am experiencing.....I've gained almost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks!!! It is quite discouraging....and I know muscle weighs more than fat, but all I know is I look fatter and my jeans aren't fun to wear anymore!!! I really love my pj pants mostly!!!
I have fallen behind in the area of swimming, some because our classes have been cancelled lately, but also because I have not felt well lately......I think it will pass, and I have hopes of being back in the pool soon.....maybe even tomorrow!!!
Pray for my endurance and strength!!! I'll keep you posted....

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

Keep up the good work, girl!