Monday, July 7, 2008

Growth

I know....it's been a while since I've been here. Last week was CRAZY busy and exhausting! It was a short week (because of the 4th), but it seemed like it would never end.....we had everything from runaways, lice, vomiting, to stealing and lots of discipline problems. It was a lot for one week....but the Lord was good and His timing was perfect. We were able to enjoy a long weekend at the end of that busy week....I almost got caught up on sleep!
And although it's hard to tell if we made any progress with the Gospel last week, I know seeds were planted and despite the distractions of Satan, I know a few campers actually made a decision for Christ. I'm not sure what the total was for last week, but over the first 3 weeks we have had over 40 kids accept Christ as their Savior....it has been a very fruitful summer already!! Praise the Lord!
We are halfway through our summer already....it has flown by! It always does....I am trying to live in the moment each day...not taking a single one for granted. Opportunities abound here on a daily basis and I want to available for each and every one. Although I have failed many times already, the Lord is using this weak, selfish, sinful servant of His....it's a miracle to me! And it's only just beginning! It hasn't really sunk in yet that we are here full time....it probably won't really hit me until the fall, when we don't pack everything back into the van and head back "home".....we will actually get to stay!! I am looking forward to that!....and to all the Lord has in store for me and my family as far as ministry. Often times the 'unknown' can be a little scary, but this time, it is nothing but exciting! I don't know yet what exactly we will be doing in the 'off' season, but I open to almost anything....I am praying that the Lord will make it known, in a very real way, exactly what He wants us to do. There are many ministries to choose from...I know He has one planned for us already.
My time here on the 'mission field' has been awesome so far....for the most part. Opportunities abound to spread the Gospel and share Christ with others and there have been been several chances to encourage fellow believers. But there have also been some difficult times.....actually, a better way to describe it could be devastating. I guess it was to be expected....it's all part of life...of the growth process. And although the "good" times (sharing Christ and encouraging others) bring us closer to Christ in so many ways, the more difficult times can do it even more....and if we allow it, those times can be even sweeter.....bittersweet.
So, with every new day, with every new opportunity, every new hurt...there is growth. That is where I am trying to keep my focus these days....on Him and my growth in my relationship with Him.

No comments: