Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Readings....lately

I thought I would highlight some of the things I have been reading lately.....it's brief, I know, but it hits the main points ;)


"All heaven is interested in the cross of Christ, all hell terribly afraid of it. While men are the only beings who more or less ignore its meaning."
Oswald Chambers

"You cannot say 'no Lord' and mean both words....one annuls the other. If you say no to Him, then He is not your Lord."
D. James Kennedy

"Does it grieve you my friends, that the name of God is being taken in vain and desecrated? Does it grieve you that we are living in a godless age?"
Martyn Lloyd-Jones

"How many ovserve Christ's birthday! How few, His precepts! O! tis easier to keep holidays than commandments."
Benjamin Franklin

"If you will not have death unto sin, you shall have sin unto death. There is no alternative. If you do not die to sin you will die for sin...if you do not slay sin, sin will slay you."
Charles Spurgeon

"I am told that Christians do not love each other. I am very sorry if that be true, but I rather doubt it, for I suspect that those who do not love each other are not Christians."
Charles Spurgeon

No comments: