Friday, July 2, 2010

Week 4, Friday


It's been another good week of camp....good group of kids....many made decisions for Christ. The campfire was testimony to that...lots of kids stood and shared their desire to follow God more closely. Makes all the long days worth it.

We had 2 workteams this week...both from CA. They were a big help, filling in all the gaps.

Lori was one of the ladies on one of the workteams.....neat lady, hard worker, loves the campers, loves the Lord even more. I have really enjoyed getting to know her this week. There is something else about Lori that is neat....she's the sister of one of my dearest friends....a friend I miss lots. As soon as I saw Lori, I knew she was Becky's sister....they have the same stance, the same smile, the same laugh. Although there are many differences in these two siblings, there are still those similarities. When I see Lori, I can't help but think of Becky. It makes me miss her, makes me think about the sweet times of fellowship we have shared, makes me wish she were here too.

I wonder what I remind people of.....

One counselor here says I remind her of her mom (and btw, that's a compliment...she thinks her mom is the best!).....someone else says I remind them of their "crazy" aunt back east somewhere. I guess I'm ok with all that.....
But we are called to be examples of Christ....to live a life that resembles his....a holy life. Our life should remind others of Christ....His love, His mercy, His patience, His forgiveness.....people should see those characteristics of Christ in our life. We should resemble our Savior.

I'm convicted. I know I don't always (I dare say I SELDOM) remind others of Christ. My flesh is daily (hourly) getting in the way. Even though it's my 'profession' to resemble Christ, I daily fail.

Bur thankfully His mercies are new every morning, and although I messed up many times this week....with campers and with staff.....I am confident in His forgiveness and His promise to use us despite our many flaws.

Like I said, I have greatly enjoyed getting to know Lori this week....even tonight I had another great conversation with her. She has been a blessing and a sweet reminder of my far away friend, Becky. And funny, she told ME that I remind HER of Becky....

I'm ok with that.... :)

No comments: