Sunday, January 16, 2011

A 'new' new start

This year has not started off well for me.....

I usually look forward to a new year....a new slate....new goals and a new 'to do' list. This year didn't start off like that....

We just finished up a 7 week trip at the end of 2010...it left us "unpacked" and going into Christmas in a tornado-like fashion. Christmas game and went (along with the many ministry commitments), and then the Winter Retreat was upon us. Don't get me wrong....it was a wonderful retreat and I had a blast, but the late nights and the long talks left me somewhat weary. The new year came in right after that, and with it came sicknesses (me, Wes, and Hannah), car problems, broken water pipes, problems with the mission, and continued health problems.

As of today, not much of the above has changed (thankfully the water pipe issue is fixed!!), but I've decided to stop letting circumstances affect me in a negative way any longer. EVERY DAY is a new day, a clean slate....an opportunity to set new goals and to mark things off my list. "His mercies are new every morning..."

So tomorrow will be my "new" new year....the fresh start I missed 16 days ago.

I've made my menus, I've started my exercise program again, I've got my list organized and ready to tackle, school is under way, and the 'excitement' I lacked before is finally giving me that 'push' I need....

Here's to 2011....:)

2 comments:

Becky Arnold said...

Funny how this morning we are thinking alike. Just read this after posting my thoughts in a much shorter way on my blog.

Great minds........ love ya!

Emily said...

Prayin' for you! May you accomplish much in the strength of the Lord!