Monday, January 12, 2009

A Fresh Monday

I hear all the time that people hate Mondays....I must be weird, because I really like Mondays! I love the freshness and newness of a new week. There is something invigorating about it and I feel ready and rested, even if it were a crazy weekend.

I posted a few of my goals for this month, and so far so good.....I'm plugging away at them and I am feeling much more "victorious" these days. And I think my family runs smoother and they seem more relaxed now that we are back on schedule and "Mom" is on the ball!

As far as my physical goals, I have already lost 1 pound (small, but a victory nonetheless!) and I just finished a round of crunches. I have plans for going on a nice long walk this afternoon....hold me to it! :)
I am well into my C.S. Lewis Biography....already learning lots that I didn't know about this accomplished writer. Sometimes just getting the big picture about someone, helps to see them in a clearer light. And as far as reading one fiction book, that is hardly ever a problem for me.....I'm more than halfway through that one!
In the area of being "social", I have already sent out well more than 3 emails (I was feeling friendly!!) and I have attempted to make plans with some of my friends I haven't seen in a while.
I have accomplished nothing in the area of my family goals....but the month is young!! :)
I have been tackling my inductive Bible study (in Genesis right now) and loving it! So many truths and lessons to be learned....a new one every day!
And as far as my camp duties, I am daily working on the snack shop (a little at a time) and I wrote my weekly report last night (ugh!...that takes motivation to do!). And I am in the process of confirming some staff for next summer. Pray I get my prayer letter done soon!!

I know that may not be the most interesting thing you have read today, but it helps me to write it all out....my success and my failures.....so I can keep a good account of it all.
I have worked hard on not wasting my time and trying to be productive for a large part of the day. I am trying to be careful with my "down time" and not let it end up taking the bigger portion of my day.....so easy to do, right!??

Hope your day is a productive one as well!!!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Where is my friendly email? Just kidding friend. . . glad to hear most of your goals are getting accomplished. Don't forget about that afternoon walk!

Jamie B said...

Hey girl, I liked my Monday, too! I am hoping I'll get to call you here in a bit to touch base. That is if I don't drift off to sleep before! Glad to hear you are staying healthy!! You can do it!! I'm so looking forward to getting back in the game!! Only 7 or 8 months from now...argh...anywho - talk with you soon!