Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goals (Jan)

Well, the New Year is here and as usual, it's full of resolution and goals. Every year I set new goals...some are accomplished, some die along the way. But my real effort is put into my monthly goals, which usually bring me to my yearly ones....I've found that is the only way I can even come close to seeing them realized....
This year I've only made a few overall goals.....some including books I will read (going through the C.S. Lewis books), losing some weight (ugh!!....my goal is 25 pounds for the whole year), learning the guitar (that was a goal last year that I never finished), and then there are some spiritual goals I have set for myself.
I thought I would try to post my monthly goals here, in hopes that would spur me on and provide some accountability....we'll see....

JANUARY

physical (i'm more limited with what I can do because of all the snow here)
1. lose 3 pounds
2. do an exercise DVD once a week
3. jump rope 2x a week
4. go for a walk 2x a week
5. crunches 2x a week
6. relax in a nice bath at least once a week

mental
1. read CS Lewis biography and start one of his books by the end of the month
2. read 1 fiction
3. start my guitar lessons (dvd)

social
1. lunch with R and K
2. send 3 emails (not replies, but initiate an email...i'm really bad at that!)
3. have R and A over for dinner and a movie
4. blog at least 2x a week

family
1. alone time with each kid at least once this month
2. take the girls horseback riding 2x this month (the snow has hindered that lately)
3. get all Christmas thank you notes done (from the kids)
4. 2 game nights/ 1 movie night

spiritual (wont' list all of these...but here are a few)
1. memorize 5 verses
2. do one week of my Ephesians bible study
3. begin my inductive study again

camp
1. finish cleaning craft shop
2. Campfire News
3. confirm with 10 staff about working this summer
4. weekly reports
5. prayer letter
6. inventory camp t-shirts

I know it seems like a lot, but really it's not....I know I CAN do it, if I prioritize well and stay focused. Please pray for me as I strive to accomplish these things.....I have not chose them randomly, but hopefully all of them will improve my family life, my ministry and my walk with the Lord.
Here we go.......

1 comment:

Jamie B said...

my poor friend has to learn guitar from a DVD!!! I totally left you hangin' on your lessons while you were here in the hills...I'm sorry! Well, when we live moments from each other and we both weigh 140 lbs and we are frolicing around riding horses and building God's Kingdom we can KumBaYah our little hearts out with our acoustics!