Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The 5k Journey comes to a crawl..ugh!

Ok, i am behind in my training....there I said it! I hate to fail....hate it!!! But as of right now, I am falling short of my goals I laid out. At this point I should be running a strong 2 miles and working on my 3rd...but instead, I am still working toward my 2nd....having not yet reached it. I think I could if I had to, but it would not be pretty! I can hit a solid 1.5, and that is as far as I've attempted so far. Part of that is because I have not set foot in the gym in a week....no excuse! But that is going to change tomorrow.....I'm headed back there, ready to hit that 2 mile mark! I have lost 0 weight in the past month, which further adds to my discouragement. But I'm too competitive to quit and pout for too long.....I'll just re-evaluate, re-adjust, and move on, right? So I'm giving myself 2 weeks to get to 2 miles and then start moving toward that 3 mile mark.....hopefully I can still do it by the end of March!!! Go me!!

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

I wanted to encourage you to begin again! I am going to, too! Back on the treadmill tomorrow after days off! And I loved the post before this one!