Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Little Details

Ok, so I've discussed my discovery of failed parenting.....the Lord has brought it before me in more ways than one....mostly from the book I am reading, but He gently slips it in to my daily life in other ways, too. I am involved in a study about the fear of the Lord and true wisdom, and it ties into how I parent and why I parent.....or at least I was feeling that way. But part of me thought maybe I was just too pre-occupied with the whole parent thing....everything was starting to run together! But tonight at church, I realized that the two do go together........we started a series on Wednesday nights called the Pursuit of Wisdom. And I sat in almost a state of awe as I listened to my Pastor beautifully braid the two together: parenting and the fear of the Lord. And I took it very personally, that the Lord had me there tonight (I haven't been able to be at our church on a Wed. night in over a month!), so that He could fill in the little details and confirm the things that are being placed before me.
I rejoice in the journey more so today, knowing that God is walking close beside me.....

No comments: