Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Lord is so good! I don't know why it takes me by surprise.....isn't it who He is? It is the only thing He can be!.....yet sometimes I am amazed.
It happened this morning.....nothing big, no notable miracle or great revelation....just the Lord knowing me in that personal way, giving me the loving confirmations I don't ask for, but must long for. In my Bible study this am, it asked me to go to Psalm 34. That may not seem like a grand intervention, but to me it was one of the sweetest kind....it happens to be my favorite psalm and it happened to be exactly what I needed today. His promise of protection, deliverance, and especially His eternal goodness.....it was a sweet balm to my soul this am. I finally exhaled....
It is so precious to be known in such an intimate way....without asking for it specifically, comfort was given....without seeking out in such detail, relief was placed before me. And to top it off, probably one of the only songs that can bring me to tears played on my computer at the same time.....again, a small detail to some....but a beautiful love note from my Precious Father. I don't deserve it, but He gives it regardless. That is what is so amazing about it all....He is not only good because He can be, He is good because He wants to be!

No comments: