Monday, June 2, 2008

Spring Snow



We were not even completely settled into our new desert home yet, when a freak snow storm hit....Of course, i was amazed to see ANY snow this time of year here, but I was speechless to wake up the next morning to over 6 inches of snow covering our sand and rock landscape! I really didn't know what to do...the kids kept wanting to go out and play in it but I was still in shock! (that's my kids and Holly, the camp directors daughter in the picture)

But finally, we dug out our sleds (which were barely unpacked!) and headed out to enjoy the mysterious snow fall....and my kids could have cared less if it were the middle of May or the middle of January....it was all the same to them! It was just comical because literally, a day before, Hannah got a bad sunburn because it was 90 degrees outside...so before i let her go out and play in the snow, I had to treat her sunburn with aloe vera.....a combination I had never done before!!

The kids enjoyed the 2 days of winter wonderland, and since then, there hasn't been a cloud in the sky and the temperatures stay in the 80's and 90's.
The snow is forgotten, the sleds are officially put away for the year, and the bathing suits and sunscreen are in abundance......summer is officially here! I think!.......

2 comments:

gina said...

That is bizarre! That's one snowfall you won't forget...

Mommy said...

craziness. . . but so cool! (literally) haha. I know I crack myself up :-)