Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 2 of camp

Well, there were only 85 kids signed up to come to camp this week, but we ended up with 115...praise the Lord! That's just more opportunities to share the Word and the love of God. There is an excitement in the air, both from the staff and the campers....everyone seems geared up for a great week of camp. Although the temperatures are at record highs, it hasn't seemed to damper the mood here....everyon is just pushing through the heat and making the best of it. Praise the Lord for new (and much bigger) swamp coolers in our chapel.....it has made a HUGE difference!
My little Hannah is among the campers this week....wow, my kids are growing up! She absolutely LOVES camp and would go every week if I let her.
We have a great workteam this week...very entergetic and lively....eager to work....that makes my job so much easier. They are from Tulsa, OK and several have been here before....again, makes my job easier :)
Although yesterday was the first day of camp, today is the first full schedule day and still a learning process for our staff....many will be lost and several will be tired already....pray as we work out the 'kinks'. Today is extremely busy for me as well....I have to squeeze a whirlwind trip to town in there sometime to get the pictures developed...it works if everything goes smoothly....one "obstacle" during that trip and things will get messy if I"m not back in time....praying for smooth sailing!! :)
Pray for us....pray for our staff, pray for the campers, pray for me.....it takes much work running a camp this size. But thankfully, God is the one that is ultimately in control!

No comments: