Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 2, day 2

Tuesdays are my busiest day....I won't go into the long list, but it's non-stop. My only 'sit' time is my drive to town to get the pictures developed. I have 25 minutes where I just drive....I go alone (on purpose) and I crank the music up.....just me and God, driving down the road. Although it's a quick, hectic trip, I do enjoy it. Just my few minutes to get away....no one calling my name, no one asking questions, no dancing and having to be silly....just the 'quiet' me. I don't see that 'me' very often in the summer.
Today's drive was exceptionally good....just what I needed. I put in my favorite cd and just sang (although I don't 'sing', it's more of a 'make a joyful NOISE to the Lord' kinda thing!). It was a good time with my Savior. Sometimes I feel like I spend so much time praying (praying for staff, praying for campers, praying WITH staff and campers) that I seldom get the time to just sing with my Savior....I almost feel like I am out of 'words' lately so it was nice to just not have to think of what to say next....just sing.
And tonight the music in chapel was good....although I wasn't alone in my van, it was still a sweet time of worship.....although I was surrounded by almost 200 other people, it still felt like just me and my Savior.
It was a good reminder to me that although I often feel like I NEED my alone time, that I NEED to get away...I really don't. God is faithful to give me exactly what I need.....if I need those sweet moments of fellowship with Him, I can have it anywhere....in my van, walking to the snack shop, stolen moments of prayer, and even in a crowded room of rowdy kids!
Thank you Lord for all that you give to me....for ALL my moments....and for reminding me of your promise to always draw me close.

No comments: