Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 5....end of week one :)


Well, the first week of camp is over (minus a breakfast in the am). Overall, it has been a great week....God is so faithful and good....He uses us in spite of ourselves. I'm amazed at how much work is accomplished through such broken vessels.....it's very humbling to be a part of it all.

It is so neat to see the sweet relationships that are made during a week's time. When the kids first attended chapel on Monday night, there was a slight hesitancy, a slowness to get involved....but tonight, standing in the back of the chapel and watching almost ALL the kids cram on stage for the rowdy songs and wrap arms around each other during the slower songs, I could see the depths of the fellowship they now shared. My prayer is that these kids have felt loved this week....that they have found a place where they feel safe....that they, as a result of being here, will desire the things of the Lord more. My prayer also is that the staff got a taste of truly serving the Lord, putting aside "self", and seeing the fruits of their labor. What a privilege to be a part of this ministry....to be able to teach the Word daily and to often see the results of that teaching. And to do it ALL while playing big ball volleyball, riding go-carts, eating sno-cones and making crafts......I love my job!
Thank you Lord for working out and showing me the plan for my life that led me to this place...I am truly blessed!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE reading about your camp adventures and how God is at work there! Thank you so much for taking/making the time to share! <3