Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week 3, day 4

I didn't get to blog yesterday....I was still sick, down with a stomach flu....went to bed early.

But it's been a good couple days despite my setback of illness. The teens here this week seemed to be really enjoying themselves. There have been a couple incidents with behavior issues, but overall, it's been a productive and fruitful week. The Lord is definitely working in lives here and it's so awesome to be a part of it all, to witness it firsthand.

After skits tonight, several kids stayed behind to talk to counselors and staff.....I sat in the back, praying, watching.....i could feel the heaviness of the issues that these kids carry....the room seemed heavy. But by the end, as the campers slowly left the chapel, I could feel the air grow lighter.....I knew many of them were walking out "new creatures". It was wonderful to see the change.

Even as I type this, everyone is at the campfire (I'm home because Wes wanted to go, so I'm home w/ the kids)....they are sharing about the changes that have occured in their lives this week....and although I'm not there to hear them share, I know the Lord is being honored by their words and their testimony.

Thank you Lord for the power of your Word, and how it changes lives.....
Amen

No comments: