Saturday, June 26, 2010

The End of Week 3

The week is finally over....this one seemed longer and more tiring. I am SOOOOO enjoying our lazy weekend....I got lots of sleep, got caught up on housework, and spent time away with the family. Looking forward to a night at home :)

From what I can tell, we had about 20 kids make decisions for Christ. I don't know how many were salvation decisions and how many were rededications, but I am thankful for the changes made because of the love of Christ.

One thing that was stressed in the chapels this week was about making a choice concerning God. The speakers spoke mostly to the kids that were 'straddling the fence', as he put it. He challenged them to make a choice....you are either for God or against God. I agree that we need to make a stand for our beliefs....it was a good challenge. But my opinion is that there really is no fence....we are either for God or against Him...no in between. When we choose NOT to follow Christ, we are making a stand against Him. There really is no 'neutral' in this area.

I saw many kids making choices this week. As our worship team played songs, I saw several teens in the back, snickering, making fun of the people on stage singing, laughing at the motions to the song....in my mind I saw a direct and blatant choice being made. They were making a stand against God. In the same room, on the other side, I saw a young girl who I've known all her life singing praises to the Lord, hand lifted high, eyes closed.....her choice was easy to see too. She loved her Lord, loved worshiping Him and was having an intimate moment with Him at that time.....her choice was for God.

I know lots of kids left this week without making a choice to follow God....they left knowing the consequences of their decision...knowing they are choosing death over life. That breaks my heart. Every week I have to watch kids leave, knowing I may never see them again....not knowing if they will one day turn their hearts to God and choose Him. That is hard. But like I said in an earlier blog, we have to be content with possibly just planting the seed....not knowing if there will be a harvest later. We all want to be the ones that bring in the harvest....to see the bountiful fruit of our labors. But it's not always the case....in fact, it's usually the exception.

This week I am feeling the discouragement of it all....seeing more kids leave 'rejecting' God than those that accepted Him. But the Lord is slowly bringing comfort and peace to my heart...reminding me that he is faithful and His Word is truth. That is where I am trying to rest this weekend.

This ministry is amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything.....the privilege to be able to daily and openly give the Gospel and teach the Word is amazing. But it's not always easy....and it's often exhausting. I'm so thankful that I have a God that meets all my needs and fills in the 'gaps' for me. There is rest in Him!!!

No comments: