Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 4 of camp

Well, it's after midnight and I can barely keep my eyes open, but I wanted to at least give you a little taste of my day....
actually, it was pretty rough....it seemed that everywhere I turned, someone was giving me an attitude or snapping at me.....I was getting pretty "done" with it, just trying to hang on til the end of the day so I could just sleep it off and begin again.
The day was almost over, we were all at the campfire and the testimonies had just begun. I always enjoy this time of the week, if I can move past the tiredness. About 4 campers in to testimony time, a little girl got up and gave a very brief, but convicting statement. She simply said, "I am so thankful for Broken Arrow Bible Ranch....the only time I hear about God is when I'm at VBS and here." As she made her way back to her seat, I was struck by the reality of her words.....for several of the campers that come here, we are the only "Jesus" they see....very possibly only 1 or 2 times a year do they get the opportunity to sit under spiritual teaching and study the Word. In some ways that puts a great deal of pressure on me, but on the other hand, it brings great joy at the privilege we have here, to share the Word, teach the Truth and just love on these kids. It really puts all the "petty" stuff in perspective and brings to the forefront the true meaning as to why we are here. I am humbled and blessed to be a part of it.
Thank you Lord, for working in my life to bring me here, to this work, among these people....help me to never take it for granted, but to daily appreciate the opportunities you have given me.

1 comment:

besnini said...

Last night I looked at the clock at 9:38, our time, and thought "It may be campfire time...pray" so I did. This morning I pray your night of rest, how ever long it was, will have refreshed you and that the Lord will strengthen you for this day. Thanks for being there, ALL the kids need you, native american and the staff :)