Monday, June 7, 2010

Camp Begins

I'm going to ignore the fact that this is the first time I've blogged in 6 months and just "start" again ;)
Today is an eventful day for me.....first of all, it's my anniversay.....13 years of marriage....wow, doesn't seem like it's been that long! Secondly, it's Peter and Hannah's birthday....it wasn't planned that way, but 4 years after we said "I do", we were saying "oh my!" as Peter and Hannah came into the world. My life has been a whirlwind ever since!
But the event that is taking up most of my time today is that it's the first day of camp. We have been preparing for this day for several weeks now. We've been making repairs and improvements all over the camp, we have made menus and ordered truckloads of food, we have recruited a great staff, spent the last week training them and preparing them for ministry.....and now the day has arrived!
In less than 5 hours this once 'quiet' camp will be over-run with more than 100 campers, all eager to have fun, ride horses, shoot rifles, eat lots of candy, ride go-carts and play lots of basketball.....but hopefully, they will also be eager to hear the Word of God, sing songs of praise and worship, and possibly make decisions that will change their lives. We are excited to see all that the Lord is going to do over the next 5 days....please be in prayer for the ministry here. It's the perfect setting for God to do an amazing work among these Native American youth.

I HOPE to keep an ongoing update here....I failed at that goal last year, but hopefully will do much better this time :)

No comments: