Friday, April 25, 2008

5K Journey is almost over.....

Well, I have one week left before the race.....seems to come at a bad time in some ways....right in the middle of major moving chaos! But in some ways it's been very good. I have enjoyed the distraction of the piles and piles of boxes and the many things on my 'to do' list.....and the time with my dear work out friend has been refreshing also. There have been many, MANY laughs during our YMCA trips....good memories to take with me. And although I am very confident I will come in last place in the race, it will be my own personal victory in many ways. I look forward to it!
I have worked myself up to the 3 miles and have just focused on trying to work on my time.....not making too much progress there, but again, I am just counting in a victory to be running in it period. I even plan on continuing my work out on the mission field. I already know it will possibly grow some relationships with other women out there who enjoy running.
Hopefully this time next week I will be able to rejoice in actually setting a goal, working toward it, and achieving it!!!

No comments: