Thursday, April 3, 2008

the 5k journey continues....

Well, here we are at the beginning of April, a month away from the race. At this point I am supposed to be running the 3 miles, which can be discouraging since I haven't run in almost 2 weeks and the last time I DID run, I was barely squeezing out 2 miles! But I got up this morning and headed to the gym, determined to get back on track. I thought I would just run on the actual track this time (as opposed to the treadmill) and just try and run 3 miles and see how far I could get........and lo and behold, I did it!! I ran 3 miles! Who would have thought???!!! Now how QUICK (or should I say slow) I ran it was pretty pitiful, but at least now I know I can do it.....I could at least finish the race if it were tomorrow. And even though I am slightly competitive, I really am not at all trying to win this race.....I realize how impossible that is.....but I just want to finish. So, hopefully I will be able to do that now!
And when I went upstairs and tried to do the rest of my work out, I was good for nothing! But that's ok....to be expected when I havent' hardly moved in the last week!!! I'll get back to the gym tomorrow and try to make a little more progress.....30 days til the race!!!

No comments: