Monday, April 21, 2008

more thankfulness.....

Ahhh.....I do love a productive day. It started off well....did quite a bit of school, got some good reading in, ran errands, etc.....then it sort of simmered down in the afternoon with a nice hour long nap! But then it perked back up with a good work out at the Y and then dinner with the fam. Now, all my little ones are tucked into bed (YES, at 8pm!!), hubby is watching a baseball game, so that leaves me to continue on with my productivity (although my body is telling me how much it would love to go curl up in the recliner!). Unfortunately, my recliner days are over for awhile....actually, for that particular recliner, they are over for good because it's going in the yard sale this weekend....but regardless, there is not much time for sitting around these days. We have 2 weeks before we start our journey across the country to our new home on the mission field. I still have moments of being overwhelmed with all the things that need to be done, but my heart is so thankful and excited about this new phase in our lives....and I've been around long enough to know that everything that really NEEDS to get done, will get done! The rest was just fluff!!! But I continue to see the blessings of God in my daily chaos, and I'm enjoying journaling them.....for you and for myself! :)

.......a visit from 2 very dear friends on Sunday afternoon (118)
......reminiscing over the "good ole days" (119)
.....hearing one share her wedding plans (pray I will be able to fly home for it!) (120)
.....silly snapshots (121)
.....hubby coming home....again!! (122)
.....the blessing of "new" furniture from my parents (123)
.....the overflow of things to sell at our yardsale, a reminder of the 'abundance' God has given us (124)
.....a few moments listening to a friend's heart (125)....and being reminded of the hand of God in our lives (126)
.....getting up early....finally, i did it!!! (127)
......a quiet moment in the Word and a book (128)
.....the reminder of how my 'smallest' sins can effect many people (Gen 4) (129).....but then also the grace of God in the lives of His children (130)
.....the life of Enoch (131)
.....starting a new book (132)....well, I'll let you know if I'm thankful for it when I'm done!!! :)
.....order in the midst of chaos (133)
.....watching my children play on the playground with friends the love so much! (134)
.....a few moments with a friend I've neglected (135).....and just being able to pick up where we left off (136)
.....a much needed nap (137)
.....the opportunity to 'teach the younger women' (138)
.....running with only minimal pain (139).....completing a goal (140)
.....playing silly games with hubby and son (141).....hearing Peter say he wants me on his team (142)
.....the smell of clean, showered kids! (143)
......Bible stories with my children (144)....and the fact that they have questions and interest in them (145)
......my really big desk, that I am going to miss lots (146)
......the anticipation of reading and falling asleep!! (147)

No comments: