Friday, April 25, 2008

Official Missionaries

So, we finally got the official "green light" from our mission board today to move from 'appointee status' to 'full time missionary'....with that comes the permission to make the move to New Mexico.....that's a good thing since we have packed up most of our things, rented a moving van and then sold the rest of our stuff in a yard sale this weekend! :) We obviously anticipated the move and have been working hard over the past month to prepare for it :)

So we are in the middle of a yard sale this weekend....we've spent the last 2 mornings hauling our stuff out onto our front yard, setting it out on tables, and allowing strangers to go through it all. Now that doesn't bother me.....we've had several yard sales and I do love a good purging!!! But for some reason this one was different. It was more a 'closing' of a chapter this time.......I think the first of many bittersweet moments I will witness over the next week or so. I don't know that it has hit me yet...all that I am leaving here.....but I'm sure it will eventually. There is so much excitement about this new chapter of my life, it does seem to over power the more sad aspect of this new chapter.....but there is a part of me who is looking at everything a little different these days: realizing I am doing some things for the 'last' time here, knowing that it will the last time I will see some of my friends for the next 6 months, year, or possibly forever.
BUT, in the same breath, it's all good....BECAUSE my God is good!!!
although my "West Virginia" blogs are coming to an end, I am looking forward (lots) to sharing my thoughts from the midst of my new ministry!!!

No comments: