Friday, April 4, 2008

Home again....

So, I am home again from a week + trip out of town to visit a dear friend.....it is good to be home, although not so good to face the 'to do' pile waiting on me here! Makes me miss the lazy days of last week already!! But there is a time for everything....a time to work, and a time to rest....now is the day of work. But it is a good work....one that signifies change and a new beginning. We are only a month away from making the move to the 'wild west' and begin our full time ministry among the Navajo people. I am very excited as it has been desire of mine for almost 15 years now! I can't believe it's within reach now....the Lord is good to order our steps, even if we dont' always understand the timing or the reason. That was very evident even this past week: I was supposed to come back home on Tuesday, but my flight was canceled due to weather....at least that's what it said up on the board above the flight check-in desk. I soon came to realize that was not the real reason....God had more for me...but I guess it would have been weird for the sign to say "flight canceled because Christy was a goober and didn't quite get everything I wanted her to see during this week of stretching and learning!".....He's good like that!
So, I stayed an extra day, finally got a better glimpse into His plan for me, and was allowed to return home the next day! I'm a slow learner!
But sometimes the reason for delays or obstacles are not always so easy to see. My flight being canceled was pretty obvious after the rest of the day unfolded.....but things like 'having to wait so long to get to the mission field that God has laid on my heart' are not so easy to see....I'm not really confident I know why I was to remain here in "Wild Wonderful" West Virginia for so long, all the while, the ministry out west went shorthanded and in great need. God hasn't chosen to give such a clear reason as to why we had to go the 'slow' route, so to say. But I am confident that it was for a reason....one I am not able to articulate, but one that I know was designed by Him specifically.....so in that I can have peace. In some ways it makes me all the more excited to go, knowing that NOW is the appointed time for us to be there.....I am looking forward to what He brings before us in the way of ministry.
So, with all that said, although I miss the days of veggin' in front of Biggest Loser and American Idol.....of laying in bed and reading.....of sitting on porch swings....and moments of true refreshing....I am eager to get back to the busyness.....especially the busyness that will bring me closer to my heart's desire.....missions!

ps....I did end up finishing that book on friendships before I left to come home......I need to finish my thoughts on it.....don't want all the thoughts to slowly slip away!!! it happens all too often!! :)

No comments: