Thursday, April 17, 2008

Late night drive

Last night I had to pick my husband up from the airport. He had been gone to New Mexico for 10 days, fixing up our 'new' house, getting it ready for us to move into......what a wonderful man!
But it was an hour drive to the airport and I was all alone.....I can't even write down everything I pondered on or all the thoughts I was actually able to finish in my head!!! It's amazing what I can accomplish!
Really though, it was such a sweet time of reflection and fellowship with the Lord....some of it amazing (worship), some of it tearful (confession).....but all so very good for my soul. I should make that drive more often!
So obviously, during that time, I was able to reflect on many things I was thankful for:

......well, first and foremost....silence! (42)

.....being excited to see my hubby again (43)

.....listening to a newly purchased CD (44)

.....being reminded of the faithfulness of God (45)

.....being able to seek restoration (46).....and receiving it! (47)

"Pour your Spirit out on me, fall just like the rain
Saturate my thirsty soul
Fall afresh on me, fill my cup again
Heal my heart and make me whole

I need You now......I need You now
Pour your Spirit out" /SW/ (48)

.....extra moments to sit and read (49)

.....the relief and joy of having hubby home again (50)

.....hearing news from the field (51)

.....making plans for our future (52)

.....a WONDERFUL night's sleep.....i don't think i moved!! (53)

.....quietness in the morning (54)

.....the fresh anticipation of getting in the Word (55)

....good (and long prayed for) news from a friend (56)

.....anticipated (and much needed) alone time this afternoon (57)

.....knowing that all the many things I have to accomplish, even this morning, have already been prepared ahead of time by my loving Father (58)

.....the tears that come now, just thinking about His goodness and protection over me (59)

.....the much needed long, hot shower I am about to take!!!! (60)

Thank you God, for your many, many gifts throughout my days and nights. Help me to continually be excited about discovering them, and equally excited to give You the praise in return for each one.

No comments: