Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Gratitude Community

A friend of a friend seems to have started the "gratitude community" on her blog.....a group of people who are listing 1000 things they are thankful for. I have really enjoyed reading the different things people are grateful for.....it's been an encouragement. I thought about doing it too, but I feel like I can't even start one more thing.....I am feeling so completely overwhelmed that I am almost in shut down mode (where you have SO much to do that you end up doing nothing!). So even the smallest thing, with the best intentions, seem like too much.....but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I am never too busy to be thankful. It's not just about being thankful though, because I feel pretty grateful for many things...... but it is not always my first reaction to share them with others (sharing is not my strong point in general, as has been lovingly pointed out) :) So, I thought this would be good for me, and worth the time. So here is the beginning of many.......

a great time of learning at church today/tonight (1)

a sweet baby dedication of a dear friend (2)

watching my twins eat blue cotton candy ice cream and the messy faces that came with it (3)

laughter with friends (and friend's sister!) (4)

playing Scrabble with a friend who makes me laugh (5)

I Love Lucy (6)

good night hugs from my kids (7)

a hardworking husband (8)

the living Word of God that shows me my many shortcomings, but also promises hope that I will continue to grow and find sweeter fellowship with my Savior (9)

....i don't want to do all 1000 tonight, although i feel like I could......hopefully you will be encouraged to join in on this project....it's good for the soul!! :) and for the souls of others!

2 comments:

Becky Arnold said...

I'm glad you joined in! It will take us a while to hit 1000, but only because we don't have enough time to type! Love ya!

Becky Arnold said...

Oh, and I didn't start it.....Holy Experience did, I think.